Saturday 18 December 2010

Carp Fishing Technology Extremes


It seems like every week a new product comes out helping you to catch bigger and easier.Many of the old school refuse to use these,let's give fish finders/Bait boats as an example.I understand the frustration when times limited.When does this technology go too far though or it's just plain common sense to use it.Most have watched the Korda Underwater series,"How great is that!" to genuinely see how the rig is lying if there are fish in the swim/etc.I read a somewhat over the top rant in pub talk(Angler's Mail) which outlined some future extremes.We know how expensive some of these big carp are and how some of them end up in near-by rival waters.In an effort to control some have been chipped similar to chipping pets.Take this to the extreme and add tracking transmitters and geekology you're now sitting in a bivvy that looks like the bat cave with a bleeping monitor giving you the exact GPS position of the water's resident monster carp,click on another window it gives you feeding info,it's typical patrol routes,when and where it was last caught(you get the picture).Why stop there virtual on-line carping directing someone else to cast some rods out and catch the carp for you! Where will it end?

6 comments:

Gurn said...

I guess everyone has their own personal ethics, weall draw the line at a point we are comfortable with. At the end of the day though, the sporting ethic must be most prominent. If the fish doesn't have a sporting chance, then it isn't sport. If some media hungry "celeb" would sell his sporting ethic to catch a whacker for his sponsors then that's up to him, but the capture will have no merit.

ben's karper blog said...

I'm fishing fore twenty years now fore carp we just have too go with the flow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the stupid question. What is the best search engine http://google.com or http://yahoo.com?

Anonymous said...

thanks for this tips

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at ultimatecarp.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post above if I provide a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Mark

Carp Fishing said...

After watching your posts my interest in carp fishing has enhanced tremendously. I am fond of carp fishing since my childhood but I get bore after watching posts in different sites but after watching your post I started taking more interest in carp fishing and it has enhanced my confidence and my spirit.